“The purpose of education is to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge” -Albert Einstein

February 22, 2011

Video: Smiles

I thought this would be a great video to share. This was a final assignment in my first semester of my masters programs. The professor gave us free roam to create a video on whatever we wanted - the only request was that we learned how to use video technology so we could utilize it in our future classrooms.

Some of my fellow students choose to do family videos, travel photos, or an autobiography. I choose to create mine on being a teacher and how a simple smile can change the environment of your classrooms.

How do I plan to use this in my own classroom?
     This would be a great way to introduce a unit. For example, if you are starting a unit on monkeys you could create a video on monkeys with pictures, clips and fun music. This can get students excited about the unit and help them jog their memory on what they already know about monkeys, which comes in handy with the KWL.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Smiles are the best Rx.
    Keep smiling, Miss Sabrina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I created another video! It was done for a Unit Plan on the past & present community of Incline Village. I can post it if you would like. Short but fun to make, and plan on using iMovie in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete